Thursday, July 12, 2007

Acclimation

Perhaps all those years in the tropical sun addled my brain. Or maybe they just reset my thermostat. Considering I grew up in a place where 70 was a "scorcher", I'm a little surprised the 101 temperatures this week haven't bothered me at all - I've been able to get my chores done, inside and out, take a 5-mile walk, even cook a meal or two.

I have discovered a new hot weather treat - blended chai tea (like a tea milkshake). Do you have any favorite ways to beat the heat?

2 comments:

Shelli said...

About the only way I can handle the heat is going to the beach.
Yesterday was a North Beach Day!
Kids & I had a wonderful time, despite my sunburn!

Anonymous said...

This past hot season when temps were over 110 and we were often without electricity for 6 hours at a time I plopped down every day in the back yard kiddy pool with the kids. My mood changed dramatically each day within seconds. How thankful I was for that pool! I also love making ice cream during the hot season with a cheap powdered milk recipe. Nothing beats the heat like something cold in your mouth!! Hope you guys are doing well, Patty!