Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Law Abiding Family


When I was young, I picked up a feather on the beach. An eagle feather. Who knew keeping an eagle feather is a federal offense? Mom and Dad bundled me and feather and took me to the Federal building to turn myself and my feather in.


Lesson learned. Now I'm a rule keeper.


And I married one.


My husband caught a salmon yesterday.


In the road.


Under his truck.
Here in the west we're experiencing the great flood of ought seven and, while we're feeling the pinch of lost land, mudslides and closed interstates, the salmon are having a heyday exploring new and exciting rivers.
This little lady was lucky. She was released into a field/lake by my law-abiding husband.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think in know what happened to that salmon....
Our dog charley got sick from eating salmon. As I do not fish and he did not get in the river, the only solution is he ate a dead, washed up salmon. In all likelihood the one in the picture. So maybe - taken this one home might have been a good idea ;)
Wim