Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Ain't Christmas...

... till somebody cries.

That's my favorite new Christmas quote, from Shrek the Halls.

Thing is, despite being snowed in together for over a month (okay, okay, it was only a week), the only one who cried was the 5 month old. And that's allowed.

Christmas cookies baking (7 kinds in under 2 hours), ornament decorating, family talent show, lots and lots of games (favorites were Farkle and Time's Up!), sleeping on the floor, snowball fights, fondue night, and more. It was a Christmas to remember.

I hope yours was as happy as mine.

God bless us all.

4 comments:

Papa John said...

I said much in my blogs of the "happy week" experience, but here I want to emphasis how much of the success and organization and work and joy was a direct result of the effort and clever planning of Dana and yourself.

What a wonderful team you two are in kitchen, crafts, entertainments, and personal attention to the masses swirling around you. Thank you especially for taking so much of the load off of your mother. That was a special gift all by itself!

All the rest of were impressed and very grateful. Thanks, girls!

Anonymous said...

Does the number 20,000 mean anything? up late, checking my favorite blogs....... Lori~

Patty said...

Well... I only know about 425 Lori's... several of whom are my best friends! So, email me to let me know which one you are!

brenvanc said...

20,009 ... early bird I guess I'm not. But it does look a lot like the new year which is so very close! 2009