Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Weebles Wobble

I came home from a writing workshop this weekend pumped up and ready to write. Sunday and Monday I tapped away at the keyboard and banged out some decent chapters. Then, last night, I went to my critique group.

I don't feel like writing any more.

They didn't slam me... in fact, they were very gentle. But listening to the words I'd put on paper, I wondered who cares?

I'm coming to terms with the fact that I have a growing desire for my work to be read. And if I want people to read what I've written, I'd better write something worth reading.

I'll bounce back and, with God's grace, eventually hit on a story worth telling, a truth worth sharing.

In fact, I'm sitting down to write right now.

1 comment:

Jenna Bunner said...

God bless you with words from him. I can't wait to read what he gives you!