Monday, July 27, 2009

Velvet Hammered!

Just one little velvet hammer milkshake from Coffee People at 9 o'clock at night. It tasted so sweet, so cool going down after a long, hot day. I chewed on the little black specks and hoped they didn't get stuck in my teeth. Got home at midnight and crashed.

For an hour.

Then I was wide awake. Wide, wide awake. I read 200 pages. I stared at the ceiling. Until 5 a.m. and even then, I slept fitfully.

I woke up feeling like I'd been clonked by that velvet hammer, only someone forgot the velvet part.

For all you coffee addicts out there, I can see why you feel like you need to cure your coffee hangover with more coffee. I can't imagine feeling this way every morning. No thanks. A caffeine addict, I am not.

Unless it comes in the form of chocolate.

3 comments:

Papa John said...

Coffee People's Velvet Hammer is my favorite coffee drink, by far. Even though I am sensitive to caffine, and although there remains a little caffine even in the "de-caf" version, I still get one almost every time I go to PDX. I'll even go early and pay extra parking time in order to have time to order and savor my V. H. before meeting an arrival at the gate.

I would not, however, under any circumstances order a straight V. H. milkshake, especially late at night. You would have to nail my coffin shut with my eyes wide... I say, "WIDE" open and bulging. Even in that most final rest I could not sleep - ever!

Shelli said...

some of us are NOT affected by coffee or caffeine that way..like me.
Can drink my super strong coffee and zonk right out.
Sorry you didn't get much sleep~

Angel said...

LOL!