Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Pork Chop in the Sky

If you live in the Northwest, you know we've been living under a gray blanket for months. Summer has promised to arrive for the weekend. I'll believe it when I see it.

I walked into the hair salon this morning and commented on how beautiful the morning was (occasional patches of blue between scattered showers). The hair dresser gave me a funny look and pointed out the window. Sheets of rain were pounding the pavement, giant drops jumping a foot in the air as they hit the instant lake. She said it looked like the kind of rain you see in movies where they go a little too far on the special effects.

This afternoon I found myself looking into the clouds and finding shapes--

--not in the clouds, but in the light leaking through thinner layers of clouds.

I think I saw a pork chop.

2 comments:

Kristi Weber said...

Somehow that doesn't sound quit Kosher.

Kristi Weber said...

*quite*