Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Quick Review

No deep thoughts tonight, but it's been a while since I've posted. Here's a glimpse of my past 10 days. Perhaps they'll help you understand why I haven't written.

Saturday-got news that our dear friend Jeanne Stinson had passed away. Not unexpected, but I'll miss her dearly. More on Jeanne later.

Sunday-the kids all headed to the pumpkin patch, a rare chance for me and hubby to be home alone. It lasted all of 30 minutes, though, as kid #1 saw something moving on kid #3's head. Lice! I ran to pick up the infested kiddo, stopped at couple of stores for all the supplies we needed, and headed home to begin the onslaught. Poison, combing, checking everyone's heads.

Monday-Laundry, laundry, laundry. Everything that had possibly been touched got vacuumed, washed, disinfected, or stuffed in plastic bags. Hubby's birthday. We shared carrot cake then dropped him at the airport to go visit his family for a few days.

Tuesday-More laundry, checking everyone's heads (again!), Mom's place and homeschool

Wednesday-roasting pumpkins, chilies and tomatoes. An afternoon jog in October had me sweaty and thirsty. Must enjoy the warmth while we have it. Last minute tweaks to the weekend's talks. Forgot to go to the pharmacy. Tried to visit a friend in surgery but he was still under the knife. Forgot what time the kids get off school. Glad my head was screwed on.

Thursday-hectic day running kids around, wrapping up some things at work, packing, picking up hubby from airport, finishing packing, then on a plane to Alaska. Peace at last.

Friday-Spent the day caring for 4 little ones with my sister-in-law. If I had 4 under the age of 3, I'd never go anywhere. She stuck us in the car, though, to go feed the ducks. Visited my brother at his school, which was where I spent the first 7 years of my education-good memories. Fabulous Thai food for dinner.

Saturday-Spoke at a ladies' day at the Juneau Church of Christ. I talked about listening to the truth God tells us about ourselves, not the lies we hear from culture, other people, and ourselves. I think it went well. Good to see a lot of friendly familiar faces.

Sunday-worship with the Juneau family. Nephew was sick with bronchitis. Once he was down for a nap, my brother and I hit the East Glacier Trail (best trail in the world, IMHO). I could hike it a million times.

Monday- Sore calves. Watched 3 kiddos while nephew went to the dr. with his Mommy. Spent a quick half hour at the friends of the library store (great store-found some treasures), then tea with the preacher's wife, halibut for dinner, and coffee with long-time friends.

Tuesday-climbed the McDonalds play place with nephews before getting on the plane. Many hugs and much love to Dana, Geoffrey and the boys. Sweet nephew cried when I left. I'm pretending that the fact it was nap time had nothing to do with it. Came home to a louse free house. Hurray!

Wednesday-Back home. Learned about Greek ships in the morning. Finished a puzzle at Mom and Dad's in the afternoon. Good visit with another long time family friend. A couple hours of work, an hour of TV, and I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

Dana Wyatt said...

Wow! And all with a smile on her face! Love you! Loved the visit! As always, it went by too quickly!

Janet said...

I totally enjoyed your classes. Thanks for coming up and taking the time to prepare the lessons. We also enjoyed the time we got to spend with you for coffee. I am totally impressed with your life and how much you are able to accomplish. You are a great example of Proverbs 31. Love you