Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A New Generation

My five-year old has given me some different perspectives on the world as she sees it. She's known how to operate a mouse since she was two and a touch pad shortly after that. She listens to The Wiggles on an MP3 player and knows how to work a microwave. She's never lived in a world without remotes and DVDs and cordless phones.

I was reading her a story this morning. "Pause the book," she said. "I have to go get something."

The other day we were driving somewhere and I pulled up to a stop sign.

"S-T-O-P. That spells STOP," she informed me. As I pulled away, she observed, "The sign didn't change. It still said STOP. If that kind of sign can't turn to go, you have to just stay stopped and then you'll always be stuck."

1 comment:

Sandi said...

This was really cute! I love kid stories. I really do read your blog every day -- I can't believe how often I forget to leave a comment. Love you and miss you.