Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Systems Failure aka Spring Fever

Life has its own rhythm.

I wake up with the sun (late in the winter, early in the summer) and stay awake all day. I expect to experience a little down time after lunch as the blood rushes from my brain to my stomach.

I write in the mornings, teach in the day, clean in the afternoon and flop down in my recliner at 8 o'clock.

And my mind goes on vacation in the middle of April.

I think public school programmed me for spring fever. Even now, 20 years after graduation, I find myself looking forward to the break. But now that I'm the one in charge, I'm responsible for keeping up momentum until the end of the school year. But I just want to go outside and play.

It's not just school-- it's blogging and writing and planning and meeting. I'm done. My mind has checked out. I'm tempted to turn off the lights and come back in June when I'm awake, but the responsible side of me insists on taking care of the list each day.

Dentist appointment? check.
Math? check.
Feed the dog? check.
Feed the kids? check.

There are some things in life that just have to get done no matter how much I want a 3 month vacation in the tropics. So excuse me while I muddle through the next 4 weeks.

1 comment:

David said...

You're excused. No,...I meant from the muddling, not the responsibilities. Phew!