Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Blasphemy Challenge

Did you catch Nightline the other night? The one where Kurt Cameron debated The "Rational Response Squad" over the existence of God?

I've heard about this Rational Response Squad before. They are calling on people, but especially teens, to take the blasphemy challenge and denounce the existence of God via YouTube.

I watched the debate, or as much as they showed of it on Nightline, and I've got to say... I was embarrassed. To have God's existence reduced to circular arguments and ridiculous paintings, I felt, insulted the intelligence of those who came to hear a rational debate.

I don't doubt that God IS. And I think it's good to be able to point to evidence of his existence. But I don't believe in him because someone showed me a picture of a crociduck. I believe because of my own experiences with him. He leaves footprints and clues throughout my life that can only point to him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that mediochre stunts can never have any positive impact on the hearts of people, whom God so dearly loves.God speaks to me here and now throughout my day as I listen for Him. Being still, not showing off our ignorance, allows us into His presence. The more I walk away from myself, the more I find Him.