Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hushhhhh

When is the last time you were quiet enough to hear the whisper of shifting sands?

When did you last stand outside in darkness deep enough to reveal the Milky Way?

When did you last startle a deer? Or stand face to face with a raccoon? Or look down on the outstretched wings of a bald eagle?

In contrast to Saturday in the city, Monday I planted my feet on the same bit of beach Lewis and Clark stood on 201 years ago. I looked out over the same ocean and marvelled, as men have for eons, over thousands of yellow reflected bits of sun skipping across rippling seas.

My cabin fever has been banished once again in the celebration of summer.

1 comment:

Aimee Jo said...

We missed seeing you Wednesday night at life group, but understand that you were very tired from your camping trip.
I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy God's creation.
See you soon.