Thursday, June 07, 2007

Rejection

Nobody likes to get rejected. I went through my school years trying to look and sound and act and smell just right so I'd be accepted. Not that I was just like everyone else... nobody else in my high school wore black and white saddle shoes...

But now I'm an adult and I'm sending my words out hoping they find someone who loves them.

And getting rejected.

I know rejection is part of the process. I know it takes rejection and perseverance to make it in the publishing world.

But it still stings.

3 rejections this week. 3 steps closer to the acceptance pile if I keep going.

5 comments:

brenvanc said...

Many of us already love your words. Just keep in mind that in the publishing world it isn't whether they love your words it is whether they think THEY can SELL your words. Think of it as a limitation on their side not yours! Keep at it and I'm sure someday soon you'll reach the one that will do your words justice.

Anonymous said...

what type of work are you sending off for consideration? are you trying to get a piece published in a magazine or have you written a book? if it is a book, what is it about?

Anonymous said...

Patty,
You are the author of so many beautiful things! I loved that you said, 3 steps closer to getting published.
Keep that wonderful attitude! It's one of the things I absolutely LOVE about you.
Big Bear Hugs from PT!

Patty said...

Cliff,
In this case, I've submitted a manuscript for a contemporary novel about a woman who opens a soup kitchen in a strip mall, about the opposition she faces, and how she finds it easier to love the outcast than the people next door.
Thanks for asking.

Susan Skitt said...

Keep going my writing friend, I have a pile of my own. I've been learning to write it, send it, and let it go in the hands of the Almighty. If it's the Lord's will and His timing, then great. If not, then "great too", even if it's hard... sometimes He has a different plan, but it's always the best plan :)

Blessings on your writing journey!