Wednesday, March 05, 2008

23 batteries

I was planning to take a picture to post on my blog today. It was going to be genius, but the camera was out of batteries.

No problem. I've got a stash of batteries in the office. I pulled 2 AA batteries out of the drawer and popped them in the camera.

Nothing.

2 more.

Still nothing.

Another 2.

I tried 23 batteries, -11 rechargeables and 12 regular batteries - and not one of them had enough juice to turn on the camera.

So, 8 are now in the recharger, 12 in recycling, and the other 3 are lying in the hallway waiting their turn to get charged.

It reminds me of a song a friend taught me in Junior High-- "I Wish We'd All Been Ready." The scriptural equivalent of an Ever-ready.

I'll take a picture tomorrow instead.

2 comments:

G.Wyatt said...

So how do you know that it isn't the camera that is broken and not the batteries?

Patty said...

Ahh... there's the question!