Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back to the Books

And now... back to my regularly scheduled life. I honestly feel that way. Dog search and rescue ate my whole week and I've not been so relieved in a very long time. But, I started following Dad's trend to list all the books I've read recently, all I'm currently reading, and what I'm planning to read.

So, here's installment 2 - books I'm currently reading.

Demon: A Memoir by Tosca Lee. A demon and an editor collaborate on their magnum opus.

Healing Stones: A Sullivan Crisp Novel by Nancy Rue and Stephen Arterburn. A story about healing and forgiveness in the aftermath of an affair.

The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an ordinary radical by Shane Claiborn. On how little acts of love can change the world.

Covenant by Kay Arthur. A Bible study I'm supposed to be doing with a friend, but I've fallen way behind. (Don't give up on me!)

Proofreading and Copyediting for Dummies.

Postcards from France, French in Action, C'est Comme Ca, and a bunch of other books I'm using as we work on our French"semi-immersion, kinda" month.

Blood Brothers by Rick Acker. Fraud, corruption and bribery bring brothers to blows.

What are you reading? Anything good?

5 comments:

David said...

Just finished "Taxes 2008 for Dummies" yesterday. I don't recommend it.

Greg Bailey said...

Hey Patty,

Would you be so kind as to send us the references on the French books that you are using? The girls would really like to know more French.

Jessica and Faith are starting guitar lessons tonight. They have big plans. I know they envision themselves forming a band. I think Hope plans to play the drums. Big fun!

Blessings to you all,
Greg

Anonymous said...

Amazing Grace The Story of America's Most beloved Song by Steve Turner-- First half a great read, second half about the song and not John Newton which is my first focus

At the Edge of the World by Harry Thompson. This book is fascinating. About Captain Fitzroy of the HMS Beagle and his journey with Darwin. Very insightful. This author published only this book and has since died.

George Washington's World by Genevieve Foster (time period we are in for history)

The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve (recommended to me by a friends sister, don't much like it though)

Keep Chickens by Barbara Kilarski (Hannah has convinced her dad, we need them) Katie is wanting a dog for the predators.....

Hero for Humanity, Biography of William Wilberforce by Kevin Belmonte--a wonderful biography, also prep for a class, but recommend it.

Wow, I didn't realize I had so many going at once......Lori~

Sandi said...

I just finished "Black and Blue" by Anna Quindlen and found it really good (about domestic abuse -- not for the faint-hearted but eye-opening, definitely).

Two other good ones -- "Do They Hear You Cry?" ( I think that's the name - the story of a Togolese asylum-seeker here in the US) and "God Grew Tired of Us" by John Dau (fascinating story of a Sudanese Lost Boy).

Sandi said...

I just finished "Black and Blue" by Anna Quindlen and found it really good (about domestic abuse -- not for the faint-hearted but eye-opening, definitely).

Two other good ones -- "Do They Hear You Cry?" ( I think that's the name - the story of a Togolese asylum-seeker here in the US) and "God Grew Tired of Us" by John Dau (fascinating story of a Sudanese Lost Boy).