Monday, April 07, 2008

Books I've Read

Dad just invited people to list their recent readings. I, like him, have an ever-shifting stack of reading material in various rooms of the house. Here's my list of books I've read in the past month.

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver - a terrific book on eating locally.

The Mystery of History III by Linda Hobar - I picked this history book to represent any number of books we use for homeschooling. We're actually using this one online until it rolls off the presses in May.

The Shack by William P. Young - I've got a review of this book coming out in Wineskins some time this week.

And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street by Dr. Suess - Again, a representation of the hundred or so children's books I've read with my youngest. Only now I' more of a reading consultant as she figures out most of the words on her own.

Let's Play Games in French by Bernard Crawshaw - just a resource to help make my French class a little more interesting.

Chihuahuas for Dummies -A Psych 101 book on our little house guests

Galatians, Psalms, and Isaiah - 3 different books for 3 different studies.

Buffalo Valley and a few others by Debbie Macomber - In preparation for the Mt. Hermon Christian Writers Conference.

Embrace Me by Lisa Sampson - a literary novel about a circus sideshow freak, a self-mutilating preacher and both of their paths to forgiveness. A real gem. I'll probably review this one next.

Talking Drums by Patty Slack - It may not count as a real book yet, but I've read over my novel manuscript several times this month. And I'm now 5 pages in on my next book, No Other Gods.

3 comments:

Papa John said...

This is becoming fun.

I have Mike's list and David' "promise" and now your list and I can already see that my "Read Soon" list is going to expand.

Thank's for riding my Blog-a-Bookmobile.

Terra said...

Being a writer, I love to talk books and see you have a review coming out on The Shack. I recently visited a new Christian book store, and they told me how it is a wonderful life-changing book so I bought it. I haven't started reading it yet; but soon!

Sara said...

I just read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle as well. What a great book!