Sunday, August 17, 2008

Black Streamers and the Kiss of Death


It's my birthday.

I came home from lunch to a house covered in black crepe paper streamers and signs announcing my age to the world.
Nice.

Thanks, oh sibling who might receive the self-same signs in the not-so-distant future. You shouldn't have. No, I mean it. You SHOULDN'T have.

Can I really be halfway through? Is this mid life? Or is it true what they say? Is this the new 30?

I know some of you are approaching some milestones. How are you feeling? Is it just a number? Or is it the beginning of the end?

3 comments:

Greg Bailey said...

Hey Patty,
There is life after 40! :) Besides, you're a "young 40". Blessings.

LoveMercy said...

Happy birthday, Patty!
In hexadecimal, you're 28!

(BTW- Your birthday is the same date as Indonesia's Independence Day.)

anita

Fourkicks Family said...

Happy Belated, Patty!
I know how you feel! Fortunately, I am many miles from pesky siblings and nobody was able to harass me too much last month. However, turning 40 is nothing compared to how old you feel when your oldest child turns 17. Savannah's birthday was yesterday and though we tried to convince her that 16 is much more fun, she was determined to be 17! :-)
Have a great year!
Melynda