Monday, August 18, 2008

The Day After and the Elixir of Life

I awoke this morning to an impressive symphony of lightning, thunder and car alarms. A peek out the window tells me the 100 degree weather this week is doing wonders for pinking up the tomatoes. A cool breeze sneaks in through open windows.

I'm going to go make a pot of tea (thanks, M & D!) in my new French press (thanks, L!) and dream about sharing more cups of tea or coffee at Starbucks and Peet's (Thanks, P, G, D and E!)

I have an unscheduled day ahead of me (Thank heavens!) which I hope to spend with family and with a manuscript that needs polishing.

What are you doing today?

1 comment:

Papa John said...

I spent my entire AM in the auto shop just to learn my van's transmission is dying.

Repair?? @ $2500, with a 5K warranty, or...
Replace?? @ $3000 and a 100K/warranty.

I'm alternating between grieving and hyper-ventilating!