Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Little News

Usually, when I get a call from a stranger, it's someone from the police guild, my alma mater, or another non-profit. This morning, though, I got a different sort of phone call.

"Patty?"

"Yes?"

"I'm calling to tell you your novel has been selected as a finalist in our unpublished novelists' contest."

"Oh, that's great," I said. But inside I was shouting, "Yippee! Whoot! Whoot!"

I have 2 days to take the judges' suggestions and return a polished draft of my work. Winning would be great, but even placing in this contest gives me a foot in the door when talking with agents and editors this summer.

12 comments:

mommajo said...

I am thrilled for you, Patty.

Kristi Weber said...

That's great, Patty!

Jenna Bunner said...

I can't wait to read this book some day myself! Way to go, my sister!

Greg Bailey said...

Go Patty!

Anonymous said...

Congratlations!! Way to goHope to read it. Jackie

Shelli said...

YEA!!! You go girlfriend! Knock their socks off! I am so excited for you...

Lori F said...

HURRAH! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to hear all about it! and read it!

Papa John said...

Your Papa is mighty excited for you.

(And he is proud as punch, whether you eventually win or not!)

Good going, girl.

Your perseverance is a victory all by itself.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Patty! What an honor and I'm rejoicing with you for your perseverance paying off!

Lisa Harris said...

That's fantastic news!

Sandi said...

Woohoo!!! So happy for you!

Linda Judd said...

Patty, I've been traveling, so am just now getting a chance to tell you how happy I am for you, and how proud I am of you! That's a monumental achievement!