Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tools of the Trade

My husband believes in tools. He has 2 band saws, a planer, a table saw, a skill saw, and more hand tools than I can count. He's a builder, so he needs and used them all. If I need to use one of his tools, forget about finding the right one for the job. I finally bought myself a basic set of screw drivers, hammer, and tape measure so I don't have to go sorting through his things and messing them up.

As a builder, he knows how important it is for him to have his tools ready and in usable shape. And, lucky for me, he thinks I deserve the same.

So, last week, he surprised me with a new tool for my birthday-- a functioning, usable laptop. I'm already getting spoiled. It doesn't shut down unexpectedly, it stays connected to the Internet, and it keeps its charge.

My old computer is getting an overhaul to be made usable for the rest of the family. As for me, I'm super thankful for my new tool!

Thanks, hubby!

3 comments:

Papa John said...

Just in the "Nick of Time" i.e. a birthday. (Omit the number here...)

(As opposed to the "Time of Nick" i.e. Christmas.

Good timing for you since your birthday comes earlier in the year than Christmas, and it's more personal somehow.

I'm happy for you.

Linda Judd said...

What a nice surprise! Congratulations. And I know you'll make great use of it.

Lisa Harris said...

Way to go, Edwin! You did well.:-)