Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Hero (insert batting eyelashes here)

I appreciate my husband. I do. But every once in a while he does extra good, you know?

Well, starting the week off with buying me a laptop, that was pretty good. But he might have even bested that.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed the floor around the dishwasher was buckling, so I mentioned it to him (and to the kids who got a bit of a lecture about why you shouldn't let water stand on a laminate floor).

Night before last, the hubby crawled under the house to look for leaks. None. (Whew!)

Then he tore up the floor to look for leaks and here's what he found. (Yikes!)

Here's where the hero part comes in. Yesterday, he ran a dehumidifier to suck up all that moisture (a gallon or more) and this morning he installed a new floor. Just like that!

And to top things off, he took me out to a French movie this afternoon. (Ahh!)

AND, we get to use it as a teachable moment. The kids are learning to wash dishes by hand!

4 comments:

Shelli said...

Yep, he's a pretty good 'ol guy!
And what a great lesson for the girls.
So, where was the water leaking from?
I remember you said something about water under the kitchen sink when I was there...

So happy it's all fixed up~

Kristi Weber said...

More on the joys of home ownership and the value of a super handyman. Lucky gal!

Patti said...

I'm still stuck on the fact that you got a laptop. Lucky.

Siri said...

I dont know who you are...
I just hit up on this blog by chance and I must say you make a great couple...
Be happy!