Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Week

I started the week by sending off a manuscript and proposal to some agents. I pressed "send" with a prayer that these words will not go to waste.

Home School schedule meant reading some Sherlock Holmes, making sure two kids were on track for Algebra II and one kiddo was practicing addition facts. I drew a map of the US on the road outside and divided out the different types of American Indians on the map. Picked and prepared and got about 20 quarts of corn put in the freezer. Picked tomatoes, ignored the green beans that need picking, and actually felt a little thankful that I won't have any walnuts to deal with. They're long gone.

Writers group met last night. Only 5 people brought a piece for critique, but we managed to use the whole time.

Printed off sample chapters, book proposal, one sheet, business cards, and Work In Progress for my upcoming conference.

Got my hair cut and my nails painted. Tried on my banquet dress and my new heels and felt okay about how I'll look on Saturday.

Grocery shopping, laundry, all the usual stuff. Printed airline ticket and dragged suitcase out so I can pack tonight.

It's only Tuesday. I'm exhausted.

(I'll be at the ACFW conference in Denver for the rest of the week. Check back next Monday to see if I have any news.)

3 comments:

Jenna Bunner said...

wow -- Edwin must be taking you somewhere really nice this weekend. Just kidding...
are you being honored for something? wish I could see you!

Shelli said...

Have a fabulous time at this conference Patty. I hope it is all you wish for and more.

Angel said...

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it...You go girl! (I can't wait to hear...)