Monday, September 06, 2010

Patience, Patience, Patience

Alas, my computer is at the doctor and the prognosis is not promising. The computer guru is in the process of physically deconstructing and reconstructing my failed hard drive. Praying for a quick and painless solution. Praying I don't lose months and months of work. (I don't really want to talk about the importance of backing up your work right now.)

As if I needed a reminder of the virtue of patience, when I looked out my window a few minutes ago, I saw a hummingbird perched on the feeder.

Unremarkable, you say? Well, yes... except that I hung the feeder 5 months ago and have seen exactly zero birds feeding at it from then until today.

Welcome, little hummingbird. Thank you for brightening my day.

1 comment:

Linda Judd said...

Just went through losing my hard drive. I'm feeling your pain! Things turned out well for me, and I'm hoping the same for you. Keep us posted!