Sunday, December 19, 2010

Return to the Scene


My hubby of 23 years took me out of town for the weekend. He wouldn't tell me where we were going. He brought me somewhere I never thought I'd go again, the little motel where we started our honeymoon.

The Camelot Room, to be exact. It just shows how tastes change over the years. The room looks exactly the same--the coat of arms and armor on the wall, King Richard the Lionhearted's banners hanging from the ceiling. Best of all, the Pacific Ocean still washes up underneath the private balcony and the Yaquina Lighthouse is visible from where I sit.

So much has changed in our years together. We've had 9 cars, moved 11 times, had 3 children together. We've earned degrees and learned languages. Last time we were here, we didn't carry computers or cell phones or ereaders or digital cameras. Now we have them all.

Some things haven't changed, though. I'm still madly in love with the man I married and happy to have him to myself for a few hours.

Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

Papa John said...

mustroMany Happy "Returns" from us too. Many bridges have gone over the waters since Mr Dennis's Physics class and you two have forged a lovely marriage in the process. I don't know of another family in which so much talent is resident. Few other couples manage life as easily and as generously as you two do. And no one else has such beautiful and brilliant children (excepting your brothers, of course). Best of all, you have been faithful children yourselves of our Real Father who has blessed you richly. Everyone is fine back home, so take your time and enjoy the Oregon Coast at leisure. Congratulations on your fine choices of one another.