Monday, December 27, 2010

You'll Be Happy To Know

Especially those of you buried in snow out on the east coast, but also those of us in the wet, windy west, will be happy to know...

The mail today confirmed that winter is almost over.

Nevermind that the groundhog won't peek his head out for weeks. Nevermind that the solstice was mere days ago. Nevermind that the sun hasn't been seen in days.

Land's End is having their Winter's End Sale!

Henry Fields and Guernsey seeds are announcing the advent of spring.

Well, who am I to believe? Obviously, we can't trust the weather or the calendar any more. The advertisers must be right. The fact that they're the same types who put out Christmas items in August might clue us in to a trend, but I'm choosing to believe them this time.

I'm on their team. But tell me, by agreeing that spring is here, can I make it so?

No comments: