Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Prayers, Please

Mary Poppins had all kinds of advice, but the bit that sticks in my head this morning is that there's a word you can say when you have nothing to say.

It's Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Hmm.

I don't feel any different.

Maybe I should go with Maria's advice in the Sound of Music and sing about my favorite things.

Or maybe I should do what the apostle Paul and so many others have done through the centuries and ask the saints to lift up prayers of intercession.

Mom has uterine cancer. She's having surgery this morning to remove a bunch of stuff she never thought she'd live without and the one thing she'd rather not live with. I'll head down to the hospital soon to sit with Dad, and probably a crowd of church ladies, while Mom's in surgery.

Prayers, please?

4 comments:

Kristi Weber said...

You're all in my prayers today. I talked with your dad last night and got the impression that he didn't need a crowd around him today. So, I will wait for an update.

Patty said...

Surgery went well, she's awake and shaking off the grogginess. The next step is waiting for path reports which will take a week or two.

Linda Judd said...

Patty, I've been praying all week for your Mom and the family, since I heard about her surgery. Will continue! So glad to hear she came out of surgery in good form. Keep us posted on the path reports.

LoveMercy said...

Praying for you all, that God give you strength and His presence during this time.