Sunday, August 28, 2011

An Unwelcome Interruption

I've often counted cancer as one of my least favorite words. Now I have a new one.

Metastasis.

Mom's cancer has found a new home in her sternum. We're praying that three weeks of radiation will knock it out, for a while at least.

For now, we're learning to enjoy our moments together. My youngest has already been over to put a puzzle together with her grandma. So many have sent hugs and cards and love.

If you want more details, check my dad's blog "millstones" in the right hand column.

If you want to help, prayers are certainly appreciated, as are hand-written cards and chocolate. (You can contact me if you need her address.)

1 comment:

Shelli said...

Patty, your Mom & Dad are both such beautiful people. I am so saddened to hear of Betty's cancer. We all will be praying for her.

I love you so very much~
Hugging you from afar sister!