Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Tradition?

Forked again.

Last year, we woke up one Sunday to find hundreds of forks planted in neat rows throughout our front yard. Scattered amongst the forks was a small flock of flamingos.

We thought it was a mistake. Someone must have decorated the wrong house. Or maybe so-and-so did it...

So-and-so was out of town this year when we awoke to a yard full of Christmas decorations, so it couldn't have been him...

The tiny flamingo amid the sticks tells us it was the same culprit as last year. Who do we know that has enough money to "invest" so much money in a prank? Or is energetic enough to come out in the cold in the middle of the night? Or did they get the wrong house again?

Head scratching and a little grin...

**Today's the day, I think, that my count will blog hit count will hit 40,000. The counter is hiding at the bottom of the bloglist, just above the list of family blogs in the left column. If you are # 40,000, leave me a comment!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Well, it wasn't me! The forks or the 40,000th! ha Having just started a blog (andreaburk.com -about the Dagara people), I'm in awe of that number! Congrats! Fun post and I'm going to check out your mom's book.

Anonymous said...

I missed it by 3. Kathryn C.

P.S.If GK lived nearby I'd blame the prank on him. :-)

Kristi Weber said...

40044, kinda has a ring to it, even if it is 40 away from a palindrome.

Home Sweet Home(school) said...

I don't see a blog count anywhere... but I'm commenting anyhow. Congratulations on the count!