Saturday, April 29, 2006

Products that Rock

We're bombarded with ads from the moment we wake up to the minute we fall asleep. Sometimes commercials are so memorable, they even sneak into our dreams.

*New!*

*Improved!*

*This product will make your life easier... or make you live longer... or make you beautiful... or popular!*

It's hard to believe everything the ads say. Actually, it's hard to believe anything they say. Bethany sees an ad in a magazine and automatically says, "That's not true." But there are a few products out there that have lived up to their promotions. Here are 3 of my favorites.

1) Advil-- My first experience with Advil was so dramatic it could have been a TV commercial. I was in Uganda in the middle of nowhere and in excruciating pain. My prescription pain meds weren't with me and someone offered me Advil. I knew it wouldn't be strong enough, but I popped a couple in my mouth and felt fine after only a few minutes.

2) Mr. Clean Magic Eraser-- I bought this to get dry erase marker off the wall since 409 and all the others didn't work. This "magic" eraser wiped it right off. It's a new favorite.

3) Okay, that's only two. But I'm sure there are more. Are there any products that have surprised you how well they work? Or do you have a deep level of brand loyalty to certain products?

4 comments:

Jenna Bunner said...

I can't think of any. I love swiffers, both wet and dry, so I guess I would say those. They are really so much easier than the old method.
My new hair fixing technique is "molding wax". Instead of curling iron, you just use a little to separate the curls and it holds them in place without being greasy. It's weird, but it works and it lasts all day!

Anonymous said...

SOMBRA is my absolute favorite ... can't say enough good stuff about it ... product. It is a natural pain relieving gel. Available from massage therapists. Awesome stuff. Works wonders on back and muscle aches and pains.

Jenna Bunner said...

which brenda is this that commented? if it's brenda holland, I'm embarking on a whole new syndrome: blog jealousy. :)

Cheryl said...

I love Lysol wipes--Kitchen, bathroom, general...they are great and I always take back a few packages when we go back to Africa.