Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Half a Lifetime

Whenever anyone asks how long we've been married, I joke, "Forever."

Well, I think we're officially on the way there.

I hit a milestone today.

I've been married half my life.

A lot can happen in half a lifetime...10 houses, 3 children, 7 cars, 6 dogs.

We've gone to bed angry a few times, though I think it's been years since I slept on the couch. We still have our misunderstandings from time to time, but not as often as before. And I'm still thrilled to see him come through the door after work.

Half a life and counting.

It's a great journey.

3 comments:

Papa John said...

Your father thinks that yours is a beautiful marriage. You kids are still twinkly eyed at each other, your kids are wonderful, your parenting is awesome, and God is in every part of your life and activity. It all makes me feel safe and proud about your family. I'll still continue to pray for "each of you / all of you" regularly, however, because it takes a lot of individual effort to make a really well matured marital and family soup. I can still weep when I think about you in that beautiful wedding dress and him all gussied up a-grinnin'. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary Today.

David said...

Congratulations Patty on 19 years! Keep learning and loving Edwin more every day! What a blessing you are to each other, your daughters, and to our God whom you serve faithfully!

Jenna Bunner said...

I wish I could have been there that day to see Edwin gussied up a-grinnin', but I'm thankful to say that I have been blessed by seeing your marriage through the years. I love you each, and I love you both.