Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I Have...

I have a super husband who works hard and doesn't complain.
I have three beautiful daughters who are growing faster than I can believe.
I have a basset hound.
I have three library cards.
I have lived in 4 states and 3 countries.
I have touched the Atlantic, Pacific, Indian and Arctic Oceans.
I have worked as a preschool teacher.
I have been a speech therapist for migrant workers' children.
I have tutored online.
I have been a missionary.
I have ridden a camel.
I have swum with stingrays.
I have a wonderful prayer group.
I have many loyal friends.
I have visited 40 states.
I have traveled to 23 countries.
I have learned 3 languages other than English.
I have walked on a glacier.
I have hiked the Chilkoot trail.
I have written 2 novels (unpublished as yet).
I have a mother whose book has sold 500 copies so far.
I have about 30 kinds of tea in my cupboard.
I have a heart for missions.
I have friends all over the world.
I have waterskied in Alaska with no wetsuit.
I have been pregnant twice.
I have given birth to three children.
I have a budding harpist, a beginning pianist and an eager-to-be-a violinist at my house.
I have a very small garden.
I have had hot chocolate in an igloo.
I have met President Reagan.
I have given blood.
I have exercised my right to vote.
I have read a gob of books.
I have feet the same size as my 11-year old daughter.
I have a craving for dark chocolate.
I have a major sweet tooth.
I have plans to go book shopping in the morning.
I have made a mess of the office while trying to clean it.
I have a computer that thinks it lives in France.
I have walked through the tree tops in the Ghana jungle.
I have almost finished a Christmas stocking for my youngest just in time for her 5th Christmas.
I have several other unfinished projects to get to.
I have a huge stack of gingerbread cookies to frost.
I have been married almost 19 years.
I have a yellow belt in TaeKwonDo.
I have 2 terrific brothers and a loving set of parents.
I have only one more thing to think of after this.
I have tagged whoever is willing to play along.

8 comments:

Jenna Bunner said...

I tried it -- was there a required number of things to do? I just now noticed your next-to-last item.

Jenna Bunner said...

I tried it -- was there a required number of things to do? I just now noticed your next-to-last item.

Patty said...

I stole the idea from Sandi. She had 50 "I have's" but I didn't want to stress people out that they had to come up with many.

Greg Bailey said...

You HAVE a very interesting life Patty. Blessings to all,
----Greg

Anonymous said...

I have a blackberry bush that is taking over my garden
I have fed a kangaroo by hand in a land down under
I have good friends whom I treasure greatly
I have given my time as a volunteer for many causes but always seem to get back more than I gave
I have a light in my laundry room that chose this morning to burn out
I have a camera with me most of the time
I have a cat that shares my birthday
I have a close relationship with my mother
I have a fondness for playing card and domino games
I have a garage door that doesn't like to work in cold weather
I have a house big enough for a family but which never seems to have enough cupboard space for one
I have floated above the Rio Grande Gorge in a balloon
I have a Master's Degree in Business Administration
I have a nephew who is studying to be a Veterinarian
I have a organized mind but a messy house
I have a sister who have been a police officer for over 20 years
I have a strong competitive streak that sometimes gets me in trouble
I have a tendency to procrastinate
I have a treadmill gathering dust
I have an interest in sci fi/fantasy
I have been blessed by a wonderful Christian family that accepts me as I am
I have been part of a sailing regatta in the Sydney Harbor
I have a bad back but I hope a good heart
I have gazed out over the Grand Canyon and have been amazed
I have snorkeled in clear waters off an island in Fiji
I have stood on glaciers on two different continents
I have swum with dolphins
I have taken pictures of Alaskan glaciers and Hawaiian volcanoes
I have tasted alligator, emu, ostrich, and buffalo and they don't always taste like chicken
I have viewed the Great Barrier Reef from a helicopter
I have worked for the same company for over 17 years but in many different places
I have a clock that shows time an hour ahead
I have a car trunk full of useful stuff should I ever get stranded somewhere
I have plans to give stuff in my closet to goodwill (and have had these plans for many years now)
I have a brother who is a mechanic
I have strong bonds with my sisters despite the distance between us
I have tons of books that I really should sell or give away but which I keep anyway
I have a collection of John Perry sculptures from different places I've visited
I have been the favorite aunt to most of my 15 nieces and nephews
I have plans to attend the Witness concert on Saturday night
I have nursery duty on New Year's Eve
I have taken two Alaskan cruises and look forward to taking another sometime
I have only a few more of these things to go
I have no idea why I agreed to start this list
I have given blood
I have exercised my right to vote
I have taken to stealing from Patty's list
I have never been selected for jury duty
I have plans to someday take an African safari
I have finally come to the end of this list

Patty said...

Brenda-- you're hilarious! And a real joy to know! I learned a lot about you. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a resume, just loved it and read it twice. Wonderful accomplishments Patty. I wish more good things for you in the future that you may add to this list. Uncle Marty

Anonymous said...

I have....more important things to do!