Monday, September 17, 2007

Balloon Effect

Wouldn't it be great if Karen Kingsbury would speak to the Mom's group at our church, to 20 women or so?

Sure, it would be great, but let's dream bigger.

What if we open it up to all the women of the congregation?

Bigger, but not big enough.

What if we spread the news around a little and turn it into a fund raiser?

Okay, but dream bigger still.

What if we pray to fill every one of the 800 chairs in our building, offer dessert and coffee and throw in a book signing for good measure? And what if all the proceeds could go to missions?

Now you're talking.

This Thursday... Vancouver Church of Christ... we're praying for God to answer prayers beyond what we can imagine.

Though I guess he already has.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, has this event been published in The Columbian or The Reflector newspapers?
You can publish the event online under discussion forums or community events!
Just a thought to gain attendance.
Wish I was going, but don't want to spread my "bug".

Cheryl said...

Well, this is just the coolest thing EVER!!!! Man, I wish I could get there!
Be sure to give us a report...I can't wait to hear about it!

Patty said...

We've put the word out on radio websites, in the Columbian and Oregonian Weekend papers, but I suspect most people will hear about it either through Karen's website or through the 100 or so flyers we sent to area churches. We could have 50 or we could be turning people away at the door. I'm praying for the right 800 to come!

Sandi said...

Very neat! May God be glorified!!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo!! I am so excited that I was number 10,000!!! Thanks, Patty for this wonderful blog. I so enjoy keeping up with you this way although I miss having you closer. God bless you all. Lori~