Friday, September 21, 2007

Pies, Pies, Pies

Last night was our Karen Kingsbury event. We didn't have anywhere near the 800 we were hoping for, but about 120 showed up and I'd say the evening went well. Karen spoke, sharing special memories about her dad. Her whole family was there to support her. She sold and signed boxes and boxes of books.

So was the evening a success?

I'd say so.

Though I can never measure what went on in people's hearts, I must believe that God was faithful to bring in the people who needed to be there. I know he worked on me in the process of preparing the event and I suspect he worked on others, too.

And we've got enough dessert left over to serve 680 of our closest friends!

1 comment:

Shelli said...

Sounds like a wonderful time.
Wish I could have been there!