Tuesday, February 12, 2008

First Signs of Spring

It could have been seeing the thermometer rise above 50 for the first time in three months or seeing the sun in the sky for the first time in what seems like that long.



It could have been the tulip, daffodil, and hyacynth leaves that are now pushing their way up through the waterlogged soil, or the large bloom of green algae growing on the front sidewalk.



But the first real sign of spring was the giant purging of the office. It was a three day job, but I managed to eliminate enough junk to get rid of one whole dresser. All the papers waiting to be filed (a stack, I'm afraid to say, that exceeded a foot in height) are now safely tucked away in their dark, skinny homes. The kids' craft projects are contained! Even the huge TO DEAL WITH stack on the desk has been reduced to 2 addresses I need to enter in the computer.



I'm a realist. I know it won't last. I'd like to blame the family, but I'm afraid I'm guilty of letting things stack up in here, too. But it will last long enough for me to get out of the house and start some of those early spring projects outside that get my blood pumping again.



I'm ready for spring. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Aimee Jo said...

Oh, spring cleaning--how I love it! Just reading about how you filed all of your papers and got the "to do" list down to hardly anything makes my heart feel happy.
Good Work.
Have fun outside with your projects!!