Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Late Bird

I stay up too late. Call it a character flaw, a bad habit, a craving for quiet time once everyone's in bed, but I'm rarely asleep before midnight.

And try as I might, I can never seem to wake up as early as I intend. This morning, I didn't hear the alarm, or my husband get out of bed.

I also missed the meteor that blazed across the skies of Washington, Oregon and Idaho. That would have been cool.

On a much less cool note, I did see the descending spy satellite make its steady, boring way across the sky last night. And I'll be out tomorrow evening to get a look at the lunar eclipse.

But, shucks, I wish I'd been up early enough to see a fireball blast past.

2 comments:

David said...

I missed seeing the bright light by just a few minutes. I am typically out the door at 5:45 a.m. Check out this surveillance video taken looking toward my office building. http://www.tri-cityherald.com/958/story/94901.html

Wish we lived closer sis'. We could hang out...maybe do puzzles or something.

betty said...

It only works getting up early if one looks out the window or, better yet, goes outside and looks in the right direction.