Thursday, October 02, 2008

Filling the Little Boxes

I haven't even flipped my wall calendar over to October yet and I know that all those little boxes are already filled.

Appointments, commitments, activities, projects. You know the feeling.

A daily appointment for me this month will be with my computer. I want to crank out another draft on a novel manuscript. That's 3000 words a day for 30 days. I'm already way behind. If it doesn't turn out right this time, I've got to retire it and work on something else. But I hate to shelf something that has such great potential.

It's like throwing away one of those plastic containers sliced meat comes in now.

So if you don't hear from me much this month, I'm chained to the other computer (the one without Internet). If you hear from me more, I'm avoiding my other project  'cuz I have writer's block.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I wish you success!

Sandi said...

Good luck, Patty. And I gave you an award on my blog.