Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pride Cometh

Ted Stevens, republican Senator from Alaska, has been in office my whole life. He was already a senior Senate member when I met him in 1985. This week, he may take the stand in his own defense in his trial over corruption charges. He's up for election next month. I'm predicting he'll be acquitted and re-elected. It'll be interesting...

This one you might not know. He's Frank Murkowski, junior senator from Alaska at the time (1986). He's probably best known right now for being the republican governor that was beaten in Alaska's most recent election by Sarah Palin.

And this one... I'm tempted to let you guess. Here's a hint - this photo was taken BEFORE another famous picture of him in May 1987.



2 comments:

Papa John said...

Shall we enter our guesses here? Or shall we send you a separate (but equal) e-mail?

I remember some of the "Monkey Business" he was in. Wasn't he caught tossing some "Rice" in an untimely manner in a most inappropriate place? Seems his "haughty spirit went before a fall", didn't it?

Ooops, Too much information?

Linda Judd said...

I got it! I got it! But ... I'll have a "heart" and not spoil it for everyone else.