Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cozy Corner


There are certain places where you can't help but feel at home. Nana and Papa's house is one of those places. Everyone who enters feels the warmth of home, a home where people love each other and love their hobbies.

Papa's library is one of my favorite rooms in the house. I say "one of my favorites" because each room has its own function and charm. But to sit in yellow light in a high-backed chair, a warm fire at my feet and the company of books around, does my spirit good.
Whatever you could wish for is here... a loom and some knitting needles for the crafter, a chess board for the strategist, Southwestern art, spinning wheels, and a comfortable window seat or two.
And most nights, by the fire, Papa and his book.














4 comments:

Papa John said...

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Unknown said...

WOW.!!! I'm glad I live here, it is super!!

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Okay, I admit this will probably be the oddest posting you'll ever get. I read your charming article on "The Dabbling Mum" about playing the "Sinking of the Titanic" game with your daughter. Well, as it turns out, I found your article because my mother recently mailed me the game she had for oh so many years in storage. Lots of great childhood memories playing that game! Anyhow, though the game is quite well worn, all the pieces are there, the board is in tact (sort of) but... There are no rules! So... Does your game still have a copy of the rules? If so, would you be willing to mail me a copy? I would love to share this game with my wife. You can google my theatre company "New Moon Productions" and e-mail me that way (since I can't leave an address here). I'm in Portland Oregon. thanks! - Michael W.

Dana Wyatt said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh.....what a glorious room!