Wednesday, December 16, 2009

God Cries


December 17
Exile, as you can imagine, was miserable for the Israelites, so miserable that they could not even muster a song. Jeremiah, God’s prophet to Israel during their exile, cried rivers of tears for them. But God said that he wept even more over his people, who turned away from him and worshiped idols of clay and wood. How God mourned for his people. How he missed them when they left him.
Today’s Ornament – The Teardrop
Today’s Bible Verse – Jeremiah 9:1-2
Oh, that my head were a spring of water and my eyes a fountain of tears! I would weep day and night for the slain of my people. Oh, that I had in the desert a lodging place for travelers, so that I might leave my people and go away from them; for they are all adulterers, a crowd of unfaithful people.

No comments: