Thursday, December 03, 2009

A Sign of the Promise


December 4
Just as predicted, man turned to wickedness. Only Noah stood righteous before God. God could have destroyed all of mankind, but he decided to give them another chance. On God’s instructions, Noah and his sons built an ark to hold all kinds of animals during a world-wide flood. The destruction of the world and all the people in it made God sad. He made a promise to Noah that he would never destroy the world with a flood again. He set a rainbow in the sky as a reminder of his promise.
Today’s Symbol – The Rainbow
Today’s Bible Verse – Genesis 9:14-15
Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.

1 comment:

Linda Judd said...

I'm so enjoying your Jesse Tree posts, Patty. Thanks for sharing them. I think it's a marvelous idea.