Friday, December 11, 2009

In the Lord's Mighty Power



December 12
The Israelites gave God plenty of chances to use weak people to show God’s strength. When the Israelites were being trounced by the Midianites, God chose Gideon (who he found hiding in a wine press) to lead the charge against the enemy. With an army of only 300, Gideon must have hoped for some secret weapon, but the only weapons were a trumpet, a pitcher and a torch.
Imagine the Israelites’ surprise when these simple objects, powered by Almighty God, proved more than enough to beat the Midianites.
Today’s Ornament – The Torch
Today’s Bible Verse – Judges 6:14-16
The LORD turned to him and said, "Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian's hand. Am I not sending you?""But Lord," Gideon asked, "how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family." The LORD answered, "I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites together."

No comments: