Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Cartridge Fairy


I ran out of yellow ink yesterday. There was no spare, which meant a trip to the store to get a new one. Only the store we were at was all out and I didn't feel like chasing around town to find one.

We'd just have to live without.

So, every print job yesterday involved pushing print, then standing up and walking around to the computer to confirm that I really, truly did intend to print without yellow ink.

This morning when I came to my computer desk, an empty cartridge wrapper was sitting on the shelf where the printer sits. Nearby, in the IN box, was a yellow printer cartridge, unwrapped. I went down the family line to find out who knew anything about this mysterious appearance.

No one.

I ran a test page. The printer said "No Yellow Ink," so I popped in the other cartridge, the mystery one, to check and see. It's brand new.

I guess the cartridge fairy came last night. I hope she comes again.

2 comments:

David said...

He. It's a guy. And, oh...by the way...the Tooth Fairy is a guy too. The movie comes out January 22.

Anonymous said...

He-he-he-he-he.....mitov