Monday, November 29, 2010

DIY Christmas

Every year, I like to do some kind of homemade gift for all my friends. Last year, I made soy candles. The year before that was a flaxseed neck pillow. The year before that I did my own blend of chai tea.

I enjoy the process of deciding what to make, finding the goodies to get it all done, making and presenting the gifts.

All year I've been planning to make reusable produce bags. I bought the fabric and the thread. I set aside the day to work on them. And then I got a gift from my sister-in-law.

Reusable produce bags. Cheap, well-made, and better than what I was planning to do. Good then. On to plan B.

Only there was no plan B. Hmmm... what to make?

I've found my plan B, I think. Testing it out today.

Question for you: What kind of handmade gifts do you enjoy receiving? What are the best ones you've made?

3 comments:

David said...

Lately, my best “homemade” gifts are photo books from MyPublisher.com (especially with the Costco pricing & specials). They’re a great way to assemble the year in review or highlights from a family trip.

Dana Wyatt said...

Yes! I foiled Patty's plan! No, really, I am sorry! Good intentions and all...

Well, my favorite handmade item is a kitchen towel dress. I love it, use it often, and think of my sis-in-law whenever I see it.

I like to do a handmade gift every year, too. This year I procrastinated on making a decision, but thankfully my mother in law made a suggestion that I am taking. Maybe you'll get one in the mail, too!!!!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't really matter what it is, just the time and thought they spent makes me feel special. Some of the ugliest things are special because someone worked hard to complete a gift for me. Remember all the projects that came home with the kids from Sunday School or school? Joy