Friday, November 05, 2010

We ARE the Joneses

We are NEVER the first people to buy a new technology. Case in point: we still have a VCR. And an analog TV. And a radio. And a typewriter.

Yesterday, though, I bought a new technology on the first day it released. I brought the Kinect for XBox home with a big grin on my face.

Finally, a game that I want to play.

For all the years we've had an XBox, there's never been a single game that's interested me. Until now. I was intrigued by the Wii and had pretty much talked myself into getting one before I heard that the Kinect would not require any controllers. It works with a motion sensor, is geared for real exercise, and works with the system we already own.

Perfect.

I only bought the sensor and a fitness program, which will be plenty to keep me busy until Christmas.

We've only had it for 24 hours but we've already had about 15 kids come over and give it a try. I think I'm going to love it. Drop on by and see how this amazing new gizmo works.

No comments: