Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tea Time


My first day on my new job, Stan asked if I'd like some tea.

I answered, "You never have to ask if I want tea. The answer is always yes."

It's true. Just like Sabrina who, in her movie, says that Paris is always a good idea, tea is always a good idea. (I'd take Paris, too, but at 20 cents a cup, tea's a bit more accessible.)

One whole cabinet in my kitchen is filled with tea. Earl Gray, Lady Gray, English and Irish breakfast. Rwandan, Kenyan, Ugandan. Indian Chai, Black Chai, Homemade Chai Blend. Darjeeling, Assam, Ceylon. Ginger, fruit, and mint ... there's something for everyone.

I have my tea cups, too, but when I want to drink tea, I always reach for the big mugs. The one with Christmas trees reminds me of Lori who judges how well she likes a mug by how thin it's lip is. The "Shh, I'm reading" one doesn't really work, but I like it. My new Copco To Go mug will get me 10 cents off a drink at Starbucks.

Excuse me now. I need to put the kettle on.

1 comment:

Shelli said...

Wishin' I could be there with you now enjoying a cup of tea. Chia sounds good~