Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Judging books by their covers

I know you're not supposed to do it, but I can't help myself. If I pick up a book and I don't like the cover, I'm not likely to read it.

I recently spent a couple of hours looking at book covers. I was scouring the Christian book store for novels that might have similar themes to my own. I noticed that you can actually judge books by their spines. Just by looking at the colors used on the book's backbone, I could tell if I was looking at a mystery, suspense, historical fiction or romance. The fonts give you even more clues, and if you read the back cover, you're likely to have a pretty good idea of what you're getting into.

Which is good since most of the books I looked at tonight cost between $14 and $28.

In the next few days, I'm going to ask you to judge a book by its cover.

Stay tuned.

No comments: