Sunday, July 30, 2006

life upside down

We've had a lot of fun this summer... trips, camp-outs, sleepovers, cousins, friends, grandparents. It's been over a month since we've all been home together without anyone staying with us. And, while friends and relatives are certainly a blessing, I'm missing my own little family. I've lost touch with the kids and I've lost control of the house.

The next four days will be a challenge and a blessing. The kids will stay with a different family every day and my husband will have to figure out how to add transporting children to his already hectic schedule.

Meanwhile... I'll be at a writers' conference improving my skills and pitching my book. I'm excited about going, but the timing this year is awkward. I'd appreciate your prayers that I will be able to savor my time with Mom and in my classes and that I'll come home refreshed and energized.

1 comment:

Papa John said...

You two will have my prayers for sure. So will Edwin, and the girls. Meanwhile, I will be taking care of Uncle/brother/son Geoffrey, so you remember us too.

If Edwin can anticipate any especially difficult transfers, have him check with me and I'll try to at least act as a backup for transportation. We will be looping all over the place, but we'll try to help if we can.

Don't give up on finding a publisher, and Don't(that's Don't) give the book away for nothing. Take real good care of my treasure and enjoy your time together.