Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hunkering Down

Compared to the snow that's being dumped up in Juneau, it's silly to complain about a little freezing rain. But, hey, most people in Washington are LOUSY at driving in snow and ice. So tomorrow morning when it's icy outside, I plan to be inside with my family and a cup of hot cocoa (like Mom used to make) and a good book. And I'll stay home until the ice melts away, unless, of course, the power goes out, in which case I'll venture out to sip the hot cocoa by the woodstove with Mom.

2 comments:

Jenna Bunner said...

hi Patty -- that sounds wonderful to me. What are you reading?
I have recently turned to children's chapter books. I read "Pictures of Hollis Woods" and now I'm on "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." I'm afraid I'm suffering from a little bit of a amazon used books addiction right now.

Patty said...

Good Question. It's probably time to probe the ranks and see what everyone is reading. Right now I'm in the middle of "The Power of One"-- really evocative language and making me question where hatred finds its roots. I recently read "Peace Like a River" by Lief Enger (which was excellent) and am looking forward to a lighter read that my brother sent for my 3-months late birthday.