Tuesday, November 28, 2006

One Nostril At a Time

You learn the funniest things on late night TV. Last night I learned that Cameron Diaz can only breathe through one nostril, the left one. I lay awake thinking about that as my own nose was completely plugged. Did you ever notice that even when both are working, most people only breathe through one nostril at a time?

I used to be a multi-tasker, up to my eyebrows in fourteen different projects. Now, though, I've lost that ability. I have to concentrate on one thing at a time. If I try to do too much at once, nothing is done well.

I'm feeling that pressure to do a bunch of different things right now. I just got back to town an hour ago and my calendar has already filled every night for the next week. So I'm back. That doesn't mean I have to do every thing that comes my way.

I need to take it slow.

I need to breathe through one nostril at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I never taught you this...But did you know to lower your blood pressure, you breathe in one nostril and out the other?

2:40 a.m. -- I think I'd better go back to bed and try it.

mom