Saturday, October 27, 2007

Lurking

I'll admit, I'm a lurker. I belong to couple of email groups that I rarely contribute to. I read people's blogs and don't leave comments.

Not too long ago, lurkers were mal-intentioned peeping Toms who hid in the bushes of suburbia. No longer. Now we can be ultra-busy soccer moms who want to gather information or have a good read without commiting to a project.

Are you a lurker? Which cyberspots do you frequent without commiting to them? What would it take to draw you out of the bushes?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Better internet service would pull me out of the bushes! It takes a long, long time for me to comment with our creeping dial-up network.

Some days, though, I enjoy catching up with others without being readily noticed. To observe. Maybe that comes from living in a place where my very white skin sets me apart and gets me noticed all the time. It's nice to "blend" for a moment or two.

Sara said...

Haha, yes, I am a lurker. I read your blog and recommend it to others without ever leaving a comment....until now.

I found your blog through Geoffrey's blog. My husband and I were in Hungary with him one summer about five years ago. It's a small world, huh? Anyway, I like your observations.

Fourkicks Family said...

You caught me, too! I am also a lurker. I check your blog a couple of times a week to see what thoughtful, profound or just funny things you've been up to this week. I think I lurk because I don't feel nearly as witty as most. :-) Feel free to lurk at our blog, too: fourkickshome@blogspot.com.
-Melynda