Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sub Culture

Apparently blogging is passé. Or something the older crowd does. Or something.

I was dragged by necessity into the land of Facebook. Not sure the difference between Facebook and Myspace except that, as yet, I haven't been stalked and haven't had any strangers approach me.

There's something junior highish about these networking sites (I might have just dated myself there - I think I was in the last jr. high class before it got changed to middle school). Passing notes, writing on walls, poking each other, posting updates every ten minutes about how I'm feeling or what I'm doing... it seemed like a lot of effort for shallow communication.

Turns out, though, I've got friends. Not as many as some, but more than I would have thought. And some of them go way back. It's easy to find friends since people tend to use their real names and network within interest groups, geographic locations and alma maters.

I've reconnected with a few people I thought were lost to me forever.

So, drop on by.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I don't think that blogging is passe or just for older people -- it's more of a thinking world whereas Facebook is a quick, social way to communicate...I like them both for different things.

Thanks for letting yourself be dragged!